Everyone knows that baking bacon in the oven is the best way to feed a hungry brunch crowd, but what if we told you that you could make a complete show-stopping big-batch brunch in the oven in under an hour? Say hello to this gorgeous stuffed ACE Bakery® Baguette that ticks those boxes and more. The crispy baguette is stuffed with creamy eggs, savoury bacon, sautéed kale, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese and then baked to perfection for a hearty, memorable meal that everyone in the family will love. Change it up by trying this recipe out using a variety of ACE Bakery Baguettes (from Harvest Multigrain, to Sesame or Sourdough). Think of it as a sophisticated way to serve bacon and eggs – it may just become a new holiday tradition!
Bacon, Kale & Parmesan Breakfast Baguette
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
Rest Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 50-55 minutes
4 slices bacon, chopped
2 cups chopped kale
1 garlic clove, minced
⅓ cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 ACE Bakery® White Baguette
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the ACE Bakery® White Baguette on the prepared baking sheet. With a serrated paring knife, hollow out the baguette by cutting a deep V shape through the top and unstuffing it. It’s important to keep the crust intact so the filling doesn’t escape while baking.
3. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until crisp, about 6 minutes. Add the kale and garlic and cook until the kale is wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4. In a large bowl or pitcher, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper.
5. Sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese into the hollowed-out baguette. Add the bacon and kale filling. Slowly pour in the egg mixture, being careful not to let it overflow. Top with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake until the egg is completely set, about 30 to 35 minutes. If the baguette begins to brown, cover it loosely with aluminum foil.
7. Remove the baguette from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Watch the how-to video here: