Fried doughnuts? Not here. These doughnuts are baked in a doughnuts mold.
The Oven Do-Nuts
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Rest Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 10 to 12
½ cup date puree
1 small can of coconut milk
1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
Pinch of salt
1½ cups pastry flour
Decorations of your choice (such as unsweetened shredded coconut or chopped nuts)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, thoroughly combine all of the ingredients.
- Lightly grease the doughnut pan — otherwise, everything will stick.
- Fill the doughnut cups three-quarters of the way up (the doughnuts will puff up upon baking!).
- Bake for about 15 minutes
- Let cook, then remove from the pan.
- If desired, decorate the doughnuts as desired, then make another batch.
Excerpted from Goodbye Refined Sugar! by Madame Labriski. Copyright © 2021 Madame Labriski. Photography by Catherine Côté. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
All products featured on Food Network Canada are independently selected by our editors. For more products handpicked by our editorial team, visit Food Network Canada’s Amazon storefront. However, when you buy through links in this article or on our storefront, we earn an affiliate commission.