Thyme-Infused Aperol Spritz
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
This That’s the Spirit Aperol spritz is a classic summer cocktail. It’s light, refreshing and truly tastes like summertime in Italy. Take this cocktail up a notch by incorporating a little thyme-infused simple syrup. The thyme really complements the orange and herbal notes in the Aperol tying this cocktail together. Perfect for a hot summer day (or eve), this spritz is one you’ll want to keep making again and again! Cheers.
Thyme simple syrup (makes 0.5 oz)
½ cup sugar
½ cup water
3-4 fresh thyme sprigs
3 oz Prosecco D.O.C
2 oz Aperol
0.5 oz Thyme simple syrup
Splash of soda
Garnish: Orange wedge and fresh thyme sprigs
Thyme-Infused Simple Syrup
- Add ½ cup sugar and water to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme. Let steep for 10-15 minutes, depending on how strong you want the thyme flavour to be.
- Fill a white wine glass with ice.
- Pour 3 parts of Prosecco D.O.C, followed by 2 parts of Aperol and 0.5 oz. thyme-infused simple syrup.
- Top with a splash of soda and stir.
- Garnish with an orange wedge and fresh thyme sprigs.
Like Abhi’s summer cocktail? Try his refreshing Brazilian Lemonade Margarita