Nothing says summer like making s’mores, am I right? This Baking Therapy no-churn campfire s’mores ice cream is super easy to make. It combines brown sugar graham crackers that soften to the perfect cake-like texture, sweet chocolate folded into a toasted marshmallow cream. This treat will definitely be on repeat all summer long. Added bonus: it only requires eight ingredients!
No-Churn Campfire S’mores Ice Cream
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Rest Time: 8 hours or overnight
Total Time: 8 hours, 30 minutes
3 cups heavy cream
3 cups mini marshmallows, toasted
8 sheets graham crackers
¼ cup (½ stick) of butter
¼ cup brown sugar
Flaky sea salt
1 300ml can condensed milk
¼ cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate
1. In a saucepan, over medium heat, bring the heavy cream to a simmer.
2. Spread the marshmallows in a single layer on a cookie sheet. With a blow torch or with the oven set on broil, toast the marshmallows until they are completely charred on the outside. Reserve 1 cup of marshmallows for later. Add the remaining marshmallows to the heated cream , stir until completely melted into the mixture. Transfer to a glass bowl, cover with plastic and place in the fridge to chill, about 2 hours.
3. Place the graham crackers on a cookie sheet in one single layer. In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil and let bubble for 1 minute. Remove from heat and pour directly over the graham crackers. Smooth into one thin layer and sprinkle flaky salt on top. Set aside to cool. Once cool, break up into small pieces.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk chilled cream mixture to medium peaks, may take a little longer to whip up. Stream in the condensed milk and whip until mixture is thick and creamy. Make sure not to over-whip.
5. Fold in the reserved toasted marshmallows and half of the graham cracker pieces.
6. To assemble, grab your loaf pan, add in half of the whipped cream mixture. Sprinkle half of the remaining graham crackers and half of the chopped chocolate. Top with the rest of the whipped cream followed by the remaining graham crackers and chocolate. Cover with plastic and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.