If you’re a big fan of sweet and tangy, this summertime treat is for you. This Baking Therapy raspberry almond ice cream cake is made up of layers of creamy no-churn ice cream, graham cracker crumbs and a tangy raspberry sauce. The no-churn ice cream comes together really quickly and the combination of tart raspberries with sweet cream will keep you coming back slice after slice. Make this sweet treat, it’ll keep you cool all summer long. Added bonus: this easy ice cream cake recipe requires less than 10 ingredients.
Raspberry Almond Ice Cream Cake
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Rest Time: 8 hours or overnight
Total Time: 8 hours, 40 minutes
4 cups frozen raspberries
⅓ cup icing sugar
4 Tbsp lemon juice (about 1 lemon) + zest of 1 lemon
1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
¼ tsp salt
6 Tbsp melted butter
1 300ml can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups heavy cream
1. Line a 10-inch loaf pan with enough plastic wrap to fold over the top to cover the cake. Place in freezer.
2. In a saucepan, over medium heat, add the raspberries, icing sugar and lemon juice. Cook until raspberries have browned down and the sauce begins to thicken, about 10 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve and set in the fridge to cool slightly.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, almonds, salt and butter until it resembles wet sand. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix together the condensed milk and vanilla extract, set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks, about 5 minutes. Fold in ¼ of the whipped cream to the condensed milk to lighten the mixture, then add the remaining whipped cream. Divide this mixture equally into 2 bowls. To one half, add about 3 Tbsp of raspberry sauce and ⅓ cup to the other half. Mix to combine.
5. Remove the loaf pan from the freezer and add the lighter coloured cream to the pan. Layer half of the graham crumb mix. Then add the other whipped cream mixture. Top with the remaining raspberry sauce and finally the rest of the graham crumb mix. Fold the plastic wrap over top and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
6. When you are ready to serve, run the outside of the pan under warm water for 5-10 seconds to easily lift out of the pan. Slice and enjoy!