Earl Grey is a breakfast tea staple often served with cream and sugar, but when shaken with gin, it’s even more delicious. This easy That’s the Spirit cocktail is a tea-infused variation on the classic gin sour. The floral notes of Earl Grey tea pairs perfectly with the botanical notes of the gin — making this the ultimate spring cocktail for your next “tea time.” Cheers!
Earl Grey Mar(tea)ni
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
½ cup sugar + extra for rimming
½ cup water
1 Earl Grey tea bag + loose tea leaves for rimming
2 oz gin of choice
¾ oz lemon juice
1 egg white
1. Add sugar and water to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove from heat and add 1 Earl Grey tea bag. Let steep for 10-15 minutes, depending on how strong you want the tea flavour to be.
3. Rim martini or coupe glass with sugar and loose tea leaves, set aside.
4. Add gin, lemon juice, Earl Grey simple syrup you made earlier and egg white to a shaker without ice. Shake vigorously (10-15 seconds).
5. Add ice to the shaker and shake again until chilled. Strain into rimmed martini or coupe glass. Enjoy!
Here are more warm-weather cocktails you’ll love.