Turn yogurt and granola into a delicious no-bake breakfast cheesecake. High in protein, calcium, fibre and healthy fats, it’s a fresh and tasty take on breakfast. Light, crispy oatmeal crust topped with a sweet cheesecake filling, this dessert-worthy breakfast is perfect for those humid summer days when hot oatmeal is out of the question. Top with fresh fruit, chopped nuts and a drizzle of honey and your off to the races.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Freeze Time: 8 hours
1 cup large-flake oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour or light spelt flour
3 Tbsp raw turbinado sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup orange juice
1 Tbsp powdered gelatin
2 cups unsweetened plain yogurt (Balkan-style or Greek-style)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup well-shaken coconut milk
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp orange zest, more for toppings
Fresh fruit of choice (orange slices, pitted cherries, berries, etc.)
Chopped nuts of choice
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, coconut oil, cinnamon and salt. Mix in coconut oil until combined. Press crust mixture into prepared pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until fragrant and dry on top. Cool completely in pan.
1. Add orange juice to a small skillet and sprinkle over gelatin. Heat over medium until gelatin has dissolved and a few bubbles begin to break on the surface, about 1 minute. Reserve.
2. In a large bowl, whisk to combine yogurt, maple syrup, coconut milk, lemon juice, vanilla and orange zest. Slowly whisk in gelatin orange juice mixture.
3. Pour into cooled crust and refrigerate for at least 6 to 8 hours, preferably overnight, until set.
4. Cut into large squares or triangles and top with fruit, nuts and honey.