Gorgeous, decadent and absolutely delicious, these red velvet crêpes, filled with sweet strawberry syrup and fresh whipped cream, are sure to please whether you’re serving them for breakfast or dessert.
Make the batter and sweet strawberry filling ahead of time so you’ll be able to impress loved ones or guests in a flash.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups milk
2 Tbsp melted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp cocoa
1 tsp apple cider
Red food colouring
Butter (for pan)
15 strawberries (chopped)
3/4 cup water
2 Tbsp sugar (adjust to taste)
500 ml heavy cream
1. Combine ingredients for crêpe batter in a blender, mixing for 1 minute until mixture is smooth and slightly frothy.
2. Add red food colouring until you reach your desired colour of red.
3. Allow crêpe batter to rest in fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
4. In a pan on medium heat, add butter and then about ¼ cup of crêpe batter into the pan, frying until it begins to brown on the bottom (about 1-2 minutes).
5. Flip and cook crêpe for about another minute.
1. In a pan on medium heat, add strawberries and water.
2. Cook for about 10-15 minutes before adding sugar. It will begin to reduce in this time. Then add sugar to taste, allowing to continue cooking until syrup reaches desired thickness (thick enough to coat a spoon). Keep in mind it will get a little bit thicker as it cools down.
3. In a bowl, combine heavy cream with sugar and vanilla to taste.
4. Beat cream until you reach desired thickness.
5. Plate and add filling just off the centre of the crêpe with a little whipped cream, rolling up the crêpe around it. Top with more whipped cream and syrup.