Thumbprint cookies are an easy, classic treat, but imagine what they would look like if you had the thumb of a giant.
We’ve created a recipe that turns your classic cookie into a moist, succulent cake filled with a giant thumbprint of raspberry jam. The cake comes together in a snap, and has a tropical taste thanks to the addition of creamy coconut milk and flakes. Serve this show-stopper with a cup of tea for an impressive dish your guests will adore.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr 10 minutes
Serves: 8 slices
1 432 g box of white cake mix
1 cup desiccated unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/3 cup coconut milk
1 cup raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a Bundt pan and 1 cell of a muffin tray.
2. Mix cake mix with desiccated coconut in a bowl, and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with oil and coconut milk. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix by hand until just combined.
4. Fill 2/3 of prepared muffin cell with batter. Pour remainder of the batter into the prepared Bundt pan.
5. Bake muffin for 15 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Bake Bundt cake until golden, about 35 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.
6. Flip Bundt cake onto a flat surface. Remove muffin from tray. Trim the top of the muffin so both the bottom and top are flat.
7. Place muffin into the hole of the Bundt cake so it is flush to the bottom surface and the sides of the cake. This will prevent the jam from falling through the hole.
8. Pour raspberry jam into the hole of the Bundt cake and serve.
Looking for more tasty cakes? Try our 18 Beautiful Bundt Cake Recipes.