No Halloween party is complete without some sweets. Pass on those classic peanut butter cups and wow your guest with homemade Halloween pops. Each bite of these yummy mummies will fill your mouth with sweet white chocolate, peanut butter and the addictive fall flavour: pumpkin spice!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
For the Filling
2/3 cup natural peanut butter (unsalted, unsweetened)
2 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/4 tsp salt
For the Coating
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 Tbsp coconut oil
For the Mummy Eyes
Food colouring gel
1. In a medium bowl with a spatula or spoon, vigorously stir together the filling ingredients until mixture seizes into a thick dough. Roll into 1 Tbsp-sized balls and form around wooden sticks. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Chill while preparing coating.
1. In a double boiler, melt chocolate and coconut oil until liquified. Remove from heat.
1. Dip end tip of stick into melted white chocolate and spear 1 peanut butter ball with the coated end. Dip peanut butter balls (on stick) into melted chocolate, rolling to coat. Place on cake pop rack. Repeat with remaining peanut butter balls. Chill for 30 minutes.
2. Once chilled, remove peanut butter balls from fridge. Return chocolate to heat over a double boiler. Using a spoon or fork, drizzle over chocolate to create thin mummy “bandages.” Chill for 30 minutes longer.
3. Create eyes by dotting food colouring with a toothpick. Serve. Store leftovers lightly covered in refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month.