If you’ve been serving regular ol’ mashed potatoes every Thanksgiving for the past decade, we think it’s time you kicked things up a notch with smashed fingerling potatoes! Paired perfectly with fresh thyme and a dollop of our creamy roasted garlic cashew butter, wow your family and friends with this tasty new side dish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Roasted Garlic Cashew Butter:
¾ cup raw whole cashews (soaked for 3 hours)
1 garlic bulb (roasted with 1 tsp olive oil + pinch sea salt)
¼ cup water
1 Tbsp coconut oil
¼ tsp sea salt
6-7 cups fingerling potatoes (approximately 30)
1 Tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp fresh thyme + extra sprigs for garnish
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp ground pepper
1. To roast the garlic bulb, pre-heat oven to 450°F. Trim about a ¼” off the top of the bulb to expose the cloves. Drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Bake for 20-25 minutes until roasted and soft on the inside.
2. Rinse and drain soaked cashews. Add to a high-powered blender with roasted cloves of garlic, water, coconut oil and sea salt. Blend until very smooth and refrigerate for 2 hours or more.
3. Toss whole fingerling potatoes in 1 Tbsp olive oil, fresh thyme, sea salt and ground pepper. Bake in an oven pre-heated to 450°F for 20 minutes.
4. Smash the whole potatoes with a fork to break open the skin. Drizzle with another 2 tsp olive oil and place whole thyme sprigs on top so they can crisp up as well. Bake again for another 10-12 minutes until crispy.
5. Serve immediately with a dollop roasted garlic cashew butter on each potato.