A fun summer treat that is great for the whole family, these crunchy ice cream tacos will be a guaranteed hit with kids! Get creative with this recipe and add in your garnish of choice.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Smallest tortilla shells you can find (white or whole wheat)
1 Tbsp cinnamon
¼ cup white sugar
3 Tbsp melted butter
Tinfoil (create small tubes to use as spacers when baking tortillas)
Any flavour ice cream or frozen yogurt
2 cups chocolate melting wafers (or chocolate chips)
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp corn syrup
Decorating items (nuts, sprinkles, smarties, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Brush the melted butter onto one side of the tortilla shells.
3. Combine cinnamon and sugar together and generously sprinkle over the buttered tortilla shell.
4. Using the tinfoil tubes, fold the tortillas in half, with the cinnamon sugar side to be on the inside, creating the taco shell.
5. Place in oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and stiff to touch.
6. Allow your taco shells to cool.
7. Melt chocolate, butter and corn syrup until a nice dipping consistency has been achieved.
8. Take taco shell, pack full with ice cream and smooth around the edges with a spoon or knife.
9. Quickly dip in chocolate and sprinkle with choice of decorations.
10. Place in freezer for 15-20 minutes to allow the ice cream to set.