Lobster grilled cheese? Yes, please! Rich meaty lobster chunks, surrounded by melted cheese and toasty buttered bread… This is one rich, tasty sandwich! The idea for this bad boy stemmed from the thought of lobster mac & cheese, which seems to be fairly popular these days.
With that thought delicious combo in mind, I knew I didn’t want to stick with just one cheese, so I mixed in a little creamy, buttery Gouda and some aged cheddar cheese for a stronger cheese flavour. A little mayo on the bread for some zip, some salt & pepper to enhance the flavours, and you’ve got yourselves a winner!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
2 slices french bread (or similar)
1 lobster tail (around ½ a cup of lobster meat)
¼ cup gruyere cheese
? cup gouda cheese
¼ cup aged cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp clarified butter
1-2 Tbsp mayonnaise
Salt & pepper
1. Get a pan on low-medium heat, placing about 1 Tbsp of butter in it. Once butter melts and begins browning, remove film over top of the butter, until most of the milk solids have been removed.
2. While you’re waiting for the butter to clarify, begin preparing your sandwich.
3. Break the lobster tail in half, removing meat and roughly chopping.
4. Spread mayonnaise on top and bottom slice.
5. Shred cheese add ¼ cup gruyere, then an ? cup of gouda.
6. Chop up lobster tail, place on sandwich and add some salt and pepper.
7. Top with ¼ cup of aged cheddar cheese and top slice of bread.
8. Brush both outer sides of sandwich with clarified butter.
9. In a pan on medium heat, fry until golden brown on each side and cheese has melted.
Carlene and Bob Deutscher are the dynamic sibling duo behind BS’ in the Kitchen. While Carlene leans towards the sweeter side of things, baking up delicious desserts, you can count on Bob to cook up something savoury! Aside from blogging on BS’ in the Kitchen, Carlene works in marketing & communications, and sidelines as a lifestyle & wedding photographer, while Bob operates his own media company, with a focus on food photography, and videography!
Carlene and Bob Deutscher are part of the Lifestyle Blog Network family.