This recipe for Breakfast Spaghetti Squash doesn’t have to be exact; it’s all about adding ingredients to your liking! I encourage you to switch some ingredients too. Perhaps you want to swap the ham for bacon? Add a different kind of cheese? Go for it. It’s your breakfast!
Healthy Breakfast Bake with Spaghetti Squash
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
½ spaghetti squash
salt and pepper
2 to 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
1 to 2 handfuls chopped spinach
1 handful diced mushroom
2 slices of ham (chopped)
1 to 2 thin slices of red onion (chopped in half)
1 handful of cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 handful of green onions (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice squash in half and clean out seeds.
- Sprinkle squash with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread tomato sauce in squash.
- Place spinach, followed by mushrooms, ham, red onion and cheese, followed by another sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Once oven is preheated, bake squash for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After 15 to 20 minutes crack two eggs into the spaghetti squash and continue to bake until egg reaches your desired doneness (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Finish with salt and pepper and serve.
Carlene and Bob Deutscher are the dynamic sibling duo behind BS’ in the Kitchen. While Carlene leans towards the sweeter side of things, baking up delicious desserts, you can count on Bob to cook up something savoury! Aside from blogging on BS’ in the Kitchen, Carlene works in marketing & communications, and sidelines as a lifestyle & wedding photographer, while Bob operates his own media company, with a focus on food photography, and videography!
Carlene and Bob Deutscher are part of the Lifestyle Blog Network family.