When it comes to making dinner, we’re often guilty of taking the easy way out. Whether it’s to save time or a few extra loonies, we opt for simpler dishes and forget how enjoyable it can be to discover a new recipe.
It’s time to say move over, broiled veggies, we have a new easy and ridiculously delicious recipe that’ll take any meal up a few notches: Coca-Cola Carrots.
Cooked in everyone’s favourite soda and seasoned with a touch of brown sugar, this new way to eat carrots is just too good not to try.
The best part? This recipe only requires four ingredients, and will take less than 15 minutes to prepare. So go on, crack that can of Coke and let’s get cookin’!
What You Need:
2 teaspoons butter
1/3 cup Coca-Cola
2 teaspoons brown sugar
What To Do:
1. Pre-heat oven to broil on high, and cut the carrots into matchsticks (about 4 cups).
2. Heat 1 teaspoon butter in a large skillet over high heat, add the carrots and stir. Pour in the 1/3 cup of Coca-Cola, stir and cook until the carrots soften and the soda evaporates, about 7-9 minutes.
3. Smear 1 teaspoon butter all over the bottom of a small baking pan, then transfer the carrots over to it. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon brown sugar over the carrots, and broil until carrots begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
4. Put carrots on serving dish, sprinkle with brown sugar and serve.
Renée Reardin is a lifestyle writer and stylist living in Toronto. To learn more about her, visit www.reneereardin.com, and follow her on Twitter @reneereardin.
- 5-Ingredient Side Dishes
- Summer BBQ: All About Rubs and Marinades
- BBQ Restaurant Spotlight: Dusty’s of Whistler Blackcomb